This past semester our class had an amazing overlay teacher. She did so many awesome activities with the kids. Once a week (at least) we would cook, make or bake something. One of the days we made granola. I have never been a huge fan of granola, but I was sold on this recipe!
This recipe is from Living Primal. I, in no way follow any primal diet or lifestyle, it just so happens this is the one she brought in that day.
Primal Crunch Granola
1 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, unsalted
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/3 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries OR blueberries OR raisins (or combo)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Add nuts, seeds, and coconut to large mixing bowl.
3. Melt coconut oil in microwavable dish, then mix in honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until consistency is even.
4. Pour over nut mixture and toss to coat evenly.
5. Spread thin on a baking sheet (parchment paper makes for easy clean up.)
6. Bake for ~20 minutes or until coconut browns, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
7. Mix in dried fruit. (forgot a picture when the raisins were mixed in)
Allow it to fully cool before eating. Enjoy with plain Greek yogurt or milk (as you would with traditional cereal.)
I loved this! Honestly, I didn’t put it with anything. I just ate it straight from the bowl as a snack. A handful here and there and it was gone in no time! I had many requests for the recipe, everyone loved it!
Thanks to Living Primal for the wonderful recipe.