My first attempt at Beer Bread went so well, I decided to be adventurous! I initially wanted to make cheddar, but I didn’t have cheese in the house. After a short search through the baking cupboard I decided on Cinnamon Raisin!
When I say I was being adventurous, I mean it. I never (very rarely) stray from a recipe. I love how baking is such a precise science, follow a good recipe to a ‘tee’ and it will turn out. I was a litte nervous about how it would turn out, but hoped for the best
Cinnamon Raisin Beer Bread
3 cups self rising flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 can beer
3 tbsp brown sugar + extra for sprinkling
1 tbsp cinnamon- divided
1 cup raisin
1/4 cup melted butter
1. Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
2. Add raisins
3. Pour in beer
4. Stir to combine. Put half of the batter in a loaf pan
5. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon
6. Top with remaining dough and sprinkle more brown sugar and cinnamon
7. Top with melted butter – bake at 375º F for approximately 1 hour
Fresh from the oven
Success! My goodness this was delicious!
I think I am onto something with this beer bread. Next I plan to do one with cheese! Give it a try, so easy and so tasty!