Have you ever wanted just one homemade cookie? As much as I LOVE to bake, my weakness is eating it, all!! I keep saying how I wish I could make just a few cookies, get the fix over with and they are gone! Then there are not 35 other ones sitting on the counter calling me. Seriously, I can hear them! If they are in the house, I will eat them.
While wasting enormous amounts of time on Pinterest today I found this, “Recipe for One Oatmeal Raisin Cookie“. I have tried the ‘One Serving Chocolate Cake in a Mug’ (don’t do it, it’s awful!) so I wasn’t terribly optimistic. The cookie looked delicious! I had to give it a try.
One Oatmeal Cookie
Adapted from Cooking Classy, Jaclyn has some fantastic recipe, check them out!
2 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup (scant) packed light-brown sugar
1 Tbsp whisked egg*
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup quick oats
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 pinch salt
2 Tbsp raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. *Prepare egg – To get this, just crack an egg into a bowl and whisk until well blended, then measure out 1 Tbsp. Reserve remainder in refrigerator for another use.
3. Place butter in a medium microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat in microwave on HIGH power until almost fully melted
4. Add brown sugar, 1 Tbsp egg, flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
5. Stir until well blended (it will seem dry at first but it will start to come together). Add raisins and mix.
6. Shape dough into a 4 inch cookie parchment paper lined baking sheet
7. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes until edges are golden but center is still soft.
Cool slightly and enjoy!
Looks good! Stayed nice and thick, didn’t fall
Just look how big this cookie is, that’s my kind of cookie! (an I have BIG hands)
Quite possibly, this could be the best oatmeal cookie I have ever had, let alone made! It was perfect! Thick and chewy in the centre, crispy on the edges and it’s huge! The texture was perfect, and the oat flavour really came though. I didn’t have quick oats, so I used regular, I also didn’t add the cinnamon.
I can see making this recipe quite a bit. I makes just enough to have a treat, but not go overboard. Also, regardless of its size, It’s only one cookie!! 😉
It seems as though I MAY have found “My Favourite Oatmeal Cookie”. It would be a shame if the OCC was over. I wonder if this recipe multiplies well to make a batch…hmmmm
Give this cookie a try, it is wonderful! Thank you Jaclym for such a wonderful recipe.