These little fells are delicious!
I will confess, to most people disbelief, I have never had a s’more. Perhaps because I want nothing to do with camping and that is where they would usually be made.
I was introduced to these last weekend at the Relay for Life, a 12 hour, over night walk for cancer. Everyone usually brings something to share to keep us awake and energized. This year we had a new member on our team and she brought these! Having never had a s’more, I have nothing to compare them to but they were quite delicious! They almost reminded me of the Chocolate Marshmallow Squares of my Nana’s, that Dad always requests. When I asked about the recipe She said she got it on Pinterest. So that is where I headed and found this recipe.
Adapted from Texas Cottage
1 cup graham crackers crumbs
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
4 bars (1.55 oz each) milk chocolate candy, divided
12 large marshmallows
*I halved the recipe and it made 9
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and butter in a small bowl.
3. Place 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture in each cup of a mini muffin pan.
4. Firmly press crumbs to form shallow cups. I used a teaspoon to push and make the cup
5. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling.They seem to spread quite a bit and have a pool of butter. I scooped out as much butter as I could and reshaped
6. Break two of the candy bars into rectangles. ** I did not have any so I used chocolate chips
7. Cut marshmallows in half crosswise using scissors.
8. Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup.
9. Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly softened. Remove pans from oven to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes.
10. Carefully remove cups from pan. Cool completely. I set them on paper towel because they were ridiculously greasy, it soaked up a lot of the excess. Next time I will use less butter
Break remaining candy bars (or chocolate chips) and place in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds. Dip the top of each marshmallow in melted chocolate. Turn top-side up and let stand 40 to 60 minutes or until set. Makes 24 cups.
These were delicious and very easy to make. Will definitely be making these again.
***sorry about the all jumbled together look of this post. I can’t seem to get the spacing to work.