Sour Dough Garlic Fingers! I have seen pictures of this kind of thing everywhere lately, on Pinterest, various foodblogs, recipe magazines and knew it was something I HAD to try. I thought Christmas would be the perfect time, lots of people to eat it!
I do not have a recipe to source this to, I just made it up as I went along
Sour Dough Garlic Fingers
1/2 cup butter – room temperature
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 loaf sour dough bread
1 cup grated cheese
1. Prepare garlic butter to your liking. I used half cup butter, 3 cloves garlic, pepper and parsley – make it how you like it
2. Cut sour dough bread in a criss-cross pattern – making sure NOT to cut all the way though
3. Spread garlic butter between bread
4. Put some of the cheese in the slices and the remaining on top
5. Spray foil with Pam and wrap entire loaf
6. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes – uncover and bake until cheese is melted and crispy
Rip off a finger and enjoy!
Delicious! This was a huge hit, everyone loved it! The garlic butter soaked into each finger making the bread nice and soft which went really well with the crunchy cheese. Definitely making this again!
We were talking and discussing how there are infinite possibilities with different cheeses, different spices, various dip spreads, bruschetta….mmm can’t wait to make the next one!