This morning I got the itch to bake something, I just wasn’t sure what it would be. It was the perfect day, nice and cool with no humidity. I decided on oatmeal cookies, hadn’t made them in a long time. One problem, every recipe I want to try has the dough resting a few hours but best over night! I didn’t have time for that today, such disappointment. I hate when you are all geared up for something and it doesn’t happen. (sigh)
I decided on zucchini muffins. I found the recipe a few weeks back and had some zucchini to use up. The only other zucchini recipe I had baked was my Mom’s zucchini loaf, which is delicious, but I like to try something new. I found this recipe on Pinterest, it was the picture that caught my attention, it looked so moist and fluffy, not dense like most zucchini items I have had.
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1.5 cups grated zucchini (about 2 small to medium-size zucc’s)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. vanilla extract (or vanilla paste)
1/3 cup canola oil
2 tsp. baking powder
Cinnamon and sugar for topping
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Prepare muffin tin with muffin liners.
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine grated zucchini, eggs, vanilla, and oil. Stir well to combine.
4. Gently stir zucchini into flour mixture. Be careful not to overwork this—it will lead to dense muffins!
5. Fill lined muffin tins about 3/4 of the way up with the batter and then sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on each (I forgot to do this!) .
6. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden.
They Look perfect!
They didn’t stick to the wrapper
Look at all that wonderful zucchini
These muffins were fantastic! I am used to most zucchini breads which are dense and more like a pound cake. These were light and airy. They had a wonderful crumb, just like a muffin. These were a huge hit, everyone loved them. I think I would add more cinnamon next time, but I am a bit of a cinnamon freak. Quite delicious, glad I came across this one.