Biscotti time again! It’s been a few weeks since I have made some biscotti and I have been craving it. I kind of got used to having a biscotti, or two, with my morning tea. I didn’t really want to go to the store, so I made do with what I had in the kitchen.
I knew I had some almonds and dried cranberries and of course the other basics. I couldn’t find one recipe that seemed like what I wanted. I found 2 recipe that I adapted and put together. One is from the Ocean Spray website the other is from Everything Biscotti.
Cranberry Almond Biscotti
2 1/4 cups flour
5 tbsp ground almonds
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 egg white
2 tsp almond extract
5-ounce dried Cranberries
1/2 cup almonds
1 oz white chocolate
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
2. Ground a heaping 1/4 cup of almonds
3. In a medium bowl combine ground almonds, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, almonds and cranberries
4. In the bowl of your stand mixer, whip eggs and almond extract. (mixer not necessary, mixing by hand also works fine)
5. Add dry ingredients and mix at lowest speed just until combined
6. Form dough into 2 logs and bake for 35 minutes
7. Transfer to a cooling rack for about 20 minutes
8. Slice on a diagonal with a serrated knife. Return to the cookie sheet, leaving at least a half inch between each one. Bake for another 20-30 minutes
9. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely
10. When biscotti has cooled completely melt chocolate and drizzle
Allow chocolate to set before starting your kettle to make the tea!
This recipe was quite good if i do say so myself. The texture of these biscotti were excellent, not too hard and not soft, just perfect for dunking. The tang from the cranberries and the little bit of sweet from the white chocolate went perfect together. Next time I would add more almond extract.