I have another Challenge. I have been looking for “My favourite Chocolate Chip Cookie”, though I have not found it I have started looking for “My Favourite Oatmeal Cookie”. Like the chocolate chip cookie, I prefer mine to be thick and chewy. I hate flat crunchie cookies! I have found quite a few recipes which claim to be ‘the best thick and chewy oatmeal cookies’ I look forward to trying them and hope one will be “My Favourite”
This first recipe I am trying I found on Pinterest, where I find so many of my recipes. The picture sucked me right in. I thought, if these cookies taste half as good as they look, they will be the winner! They came from Honistlyani.
2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 cups flour
5 cups oatmeal (put a small amount into a blender until it turns to powder)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Take a small amount of the oatmeal, about half a cup, and grind it in a food processor/chopper/blender until it resembles flour
3. In a large bowl combine oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
4. Combine in a small bowl, butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla
5. Add wet ingredients to dry and add 32 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips – stir to combine – do not over mix!
6. Use a cookie scoop to form the cookies and place a few inches apart.
7. Bake until edges just start to brown. Cool on sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack
Just look at these cookies! They look perfect! They are huge, and thick and very chocolatey. If they taste as good as they look we are in for a real treat.
These cookies were delicious! The texture was unbelievable, they had a light crispy edge but a wonderfully soft, chewy center. The cookie to chip ratio was perfect. This is a keeper, I will make a few more recipes, but I think this just may be my favourite, and it was only the first try! Next time I will try them with raisins.