CCCC recipe #4. I had to redeem myself after a disappointing recipe #3. This challenge is “My Favourite”, so please if you see your recipe and it was not picked or I did not enjoy it please don’t be offended. Just because it is not what I am looking for does not mean they are not amazing to someone else. We all have different likes and dislike. Most might think what I pick as my favourite is awful! Moving onward and upward, onto recipe number 4!
Recipe #4 was another one I found on Pinterest. I chose it because the pictures looked amazing, the cookie was thick and looked delicious. There was also many, many comments about this being everyone’s favourite chocolate chip cookie, I had to try it, maybe it will be mine? This recipe is adapted from Marg at Food.com
Thick, Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
12 ounce chocolate chips
1. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl
2. In a separate bowl, beat butter and shortening until creamy
3. Add sugar and vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
5. Add flour mixture, and beat slowly to incorporate, then beat to blend well.
6. Add chocolate chips before flour is totally blended in to avoid over mixing
Mix until just combined
7. Drop batter in 2-tablespoon portions (scoop #45) about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
8. Bake in a 375°F preheated oven until edges of cookies are brown but an area about 1 inch wide in the center is still pale, about 10 minutes
9. Let cookies cool on pan about 5 minutes, then transfer to racks
I was extremely optimistic, look at those cookies! They look perfect, nicely golden and a nice height
And then as they cooled….they dropped….look how thin they got 😦
The verdict? These were OK. Probably would not make them again. They looked fantastic coming out of the oven, then they fell and kinda went greasy. The taste was good, but the texture wasn’t there. They had a chew, but it was more of a greasy chew then a nice cookie chew. So far #3 and #4 are not going to make the short list, #1 is still the one to beat. The search continues….