I saw this recipe a few months ago, they looked delicious! I mean what’s not to love, salty pretzels (love them), peanut butter (love it), chocolate (love it) all three together? It has to be delicious! I would love to meet the person who thought it would be a good idea to put chocolate and peanut butter together, Genius! I got this recipe from Stephanies Kitchen.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzels
1 cup of peanut butter
2 Tbsp softened butter
1/2 cup icing sugar (you may need more)
3/4 cup brown sugar
Pretzels (the waffle shaped ones)
1 bag good quality chocolate
1. In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and butter, mix until smooth.
2. Add icing sugar and brown sugar, stir to combine. This is where you may need to add more sugar. You want to be able to roll the mixture in your hands without it being sticky. Try it, if it is too sticky add more icing sugar until it reaches the right consistency.
3. Use a teaspoon to measure out equal amounts
4. On a cookie sheet, lay out a single layer of waffle pretzels
5. Place peanut butter balls between 2 pretzels and press together, place in the fridge
6. Melt your chocolate in microwave or in a double boiler, which ever you prefer
7. Dip cooled pretzels in chocolate and place on a parchment lined sheet. Allow chocolate to set. Enjoy!
These were pretty good. Not quite as good as I expected. Next time (and there will be a nice time) I will use the filling I put in my Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Squares. I found that the brown sugar made them kind of gritty, it really didn’t dissolve. I may also use mini regular shaped pretzels, not quite as much ‘pretzel’ in them, as it was a little overpowering.
It was a good first try.