These cookies caught my eye a few months ago. They seem to be appearing on many of the foodblogs I frequent and Everyone gave rave reviews! I had made a few “flops” over the past few days and needed to redeem myself. I had all ingredients on hand so I figured this was the recipe that was going to do it!
Adapted from Recipie Girl
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated white sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Smarties
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray, or line with parchment paper or a silpat mats.
2. In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter with the sugars and butter.
3. Use an electric mixer to mix until well combined
4. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
5. Mix in the oats and baking soda.
6. Then stir in the chips and Smarties.
7.. Drop the cookies by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
These seemed a tad big, so I also made some which were 2 tablespoons
8. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. (this was nowhere near enough baking time for me, the cookies were still raw. I added an additional 10 minutes, but watch yours as all ovens are different). Do not overbake.
9. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets until cookies are set.
10. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
These cookies were every bit as delicious as everyone described them to be! The were very chewy, which I love in an oatmeal cookie. You could taste the peanut butter, but it did not over power. I loved the extra crunch of the Smarties. Next time I think I would cook them just a tad bit longer, but they were fantastic! These cookies have made the favourites list!