Snow day!! We got a little over 6 inches of snow today, it was beautiful!! I didn’t really want to go out as the roads were kinda slippery, so I figured what better way to spend a beautiful,winter, snowy day then in the kitchen filling the house with the wonderful aroma of cinnamon bread.
I wanted to make something but i didn’t know what, and because I really couldn’t go any where I had to make do with the ingredients that were in the house. luckily, I tend to have a lot of baking supplies on hand, so I had quite a few options.
After searching a few food blogs I decided to go with Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread. It was not made from one recipe in particular, I kinda mixed a few together.
Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
1/4 cup butter
, softened ( I must have read it wrong, I put 1 cup!, still worked great)
1 1/3 cups sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, and egg.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. ** I added an extra heaping teaspoon of cinnamon into the batter, we like things very cinnamony here!**
4. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
5. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and remaining 1/3 cup sugar.
6. Pour a third of the batter into a greased 8X4X2-inch loaf pan.
7. Sprinkle a third of the cinnamon sugar on top of batter.
8. Repeat layers twice.
9. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
This was quite good. I will definitely make it again. Mind you next time I will omit the 3/4 of a pound of butter that I didn’t really need.