I first had these Cinnamon Pinwheels at work, a friend brought them in for her “tea day”. After one bite I knew it was a recipe I must have!
1/3 cup golden Crisco shortening
3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup golden or regular Crisco shortening
1 cup milk
1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Cut in shortening until resembles coarse meal.
3. Add milk al at one to dry ingredients and stir with a fork until soft dough is formed.
4. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead gently 8-10 times.
5. Roll out to a 12″ square.
6. Combine sugar and cinnamon
7. Spread shortening over dough
8. Sprinkle evenly on top.
9. Roll up dough lightly like a jelly roll. Seal edge.
Cut into 12 1″ slices.
Place in greased muffin tin (I just put them on a greased baking sheet).
10. Bake at 425 F for 14-18 minutes.
11. Remove immediately and serve warm
These were fabulous! They were intended for company that is coming in the morning, I think I should have waited until morning, there might not be any left…